Last updated: August 4, 2020
Thank you for visiting the official website of https://beekeepersnaturals.ca/ (the “Site”).
Beekeeper’s Natural’s Inc. (“Beekeeper’s, we, us, our“) is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. We value our users’ trust and recognize that maintaining this trust requires that we be transparent and accountable in our treatment of the Personal Information (as defined below) that you choose to share with us.
“Personal information” means information about an identifiable individual and includes any information that can be used to identify an individual, either alone or in combination with other information.
1. HOW DO YOU COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO YOU COLLECT?
We collect personal information from you when you interact with our Site, create a customer account, purchase a product from us, contact us or make inquiries to our customer service team, subscribe to our mailing list, review one of our products online, respond to a survey, or comment on our blog. Specifically, we may collect your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, account information (i.e. username), Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, GPS location, and any other identifier we may use to contact you online or offline. We also collect the contents of any message that you send to us.
In addition, like many other websites, we may automatically collect certain information when you use our Site:
- Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection (including the domain name of your Internet service provider), and the device you use to access our Site.
- Certain non-personal information including details about your Site interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), links that are clicked to, through and from our Site (including date and time), sites visited before coming to our Site, products you viewed or searched for, emails we send that you open, forward, or click through to our Site, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We collect some of the above information about your use of the Site through cookies and similar technology. See Cookies & Other Technologies for more detail on how we collect and use this information.
2. HOW DO YOU USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To present our Site and its contents to you;
- To create your account with us;
- To personalize your experience on the Site, including by showing you distributors of our products in your area;
- To process and fulfill purchases that you make, including those made on the Site;
- To contact and communicate with you regarding your use of the Site;
- To respond to your requests, complaints, comments and questions;
- To understand your opinions about our products;
- To communicate your opinions about our products to other users of our Site, when they look at reviews of those products;
- To send you promotional communications;
- To promote interest-based advertisements to you;
- To develop new audiences for our products;
- To compile statistical records and other aggregate data about usage of the Site, measure Site activities, improve the Site, and detect and prevent security threats.
We may combine technical information that does not directly identify you with information collected from other sources and disclose the aggregate information to third parties for the above stated purposes.
3. COOKIES & OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
We may also use third-party analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to help us to better understand the functionality of our Site on your computer, smartphone or other device. Analytics may record data such as how often you use our Site, which features you use or do not use, aggregated usage and performance data. This data is generally unidentifiable and cannot be associated with you.
We may also use advertising platforms, including Facebook and Google Ads, to promote interest-based advertisements to you, to better understand how you interact with those advertisements, and to develop new audiences for our products. We may do this by placing web tracking tools on the Site or by converting the name or email address you have provided to us into a unique value that these platforms may then compare to a unique value created from information you provided to those platforms. This allows the platform to show you ads on that platform based on your activity on our Site, and to find other users who may be interested in our products. If you are a Facebook user and would like to opt-out, please go to the ‘Ads’ tab of your Facebook ‘Settings & Privacy’ page and adjust your Ad Settings. For information on how you can opt out of Google’s use of device identifiers, visit Google’s ad settings page: https://adssettings.google.com/.
You can set your Internet browser settings to stop accepting new cookies, to receive notice when you receive a new cookie, to disable existing cookies, and to omit images (which will disable pixel tags). Note that the opt-out will apply only to the browser that you are using when you elect to opt out of cookies. Without cookies or other pixel tags though, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our Site’s features. Note, however, that our systems may not be able to recognize Do Not Track (DNT) headers from some or all browsers.
For more information about your ability to opt-out of advertising that uses your personal information, you may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. CAN I OPT-OUT OF PROMOTIONAL EMAILS?
If at any time you decide you no longer want to receive promotional emails from Beekeeper’s, you can opt-out by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link located in the footer of the email or by contacting us at email@example.com.
We will process your request with 10 business days of receiving it.
Please note that we may still send you emails concerning your account with us if you choose to unsubscribe from promotional communications.
5. HOW DO YOU KEEP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION SAFE?
We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your information from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, alteration, destruction or loss. Where we use third party service providers, we only permit those service providers to access and use your personal information for the sole purpose of carrying out services on our behalf.
We only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we have identified, or as otherwise required by law. You can also request the deletion of your information from our files or change your preferences for the use of that information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although we have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal information, please be aware that no such safeguard is foolproof. In particular, we cannot completely guarantee the security of your personal information while it is in transit over the Internet.
This Site is intended for users who are over 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from those under 18, nor do we allow them to become subscribers of, or to request information through, this Site.
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
When you make payments for products on the Site, you may provide your payment information directly to one of our third party payment service providers. Any information that you submit will be sent to that provider directly without our involvement.
7. HOW AND WHY DO YOU SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Host Site data;
- Design, administer, maintain and improve our Site;
- Provide customer service support;
- Analyze aggregate data collected on the Site;
- Process your purchases and payments, including those made on the Site;
- Assist us with promotional and marketing initiatives.
When we allow a third party service provider to access your personal Information, we will only allow them to access or use it for the sole purpose of carrying out the above services on our behalf.
One or more of our service providers may not be located in Canada, and so your personal information may be transferred to, or stored or processed in another country, such as the United States. As a result, your personal information may be accessible to regulatory authorities in accordance with the laws of those other jurisdictions. If you would like more information about our policies and practices with respect to the transfer and processing of personal information outside of Canada, please contact us at email@example.com.
We may share your personal information with government, regulatory or law enforcement agencies as requested by these agencies, if the disclosure is required or permitted by law. We may share personal information in order to enforce our terms of service, or to protect others’ or our legal rights, property, or safety.
We may also transfer or assign your personal information to third parties because of, or in connection with a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of assets, reorganization, or liquidation.
Beekeeper’s does not trade, rent or sell your personal information to third parties.
8. HOW CAN I ACCESS OR CORRECT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If you request, we will let you know what information Beekeeper’s has about you, what it is being used for, and with whom it has been shared. If you notice any inaccuracies or wish to update any of your personal information, we will look into that as well. You may also edit some of your personal information, such as your mailing address, directly from your account page: https://beekeepersnaturals.ca/account/.
Beekeeper’s will provide you with access to your personal information that is in our control, subject to certain exceptions, including information that includes the personal information of another individual that cannot be severed, or information subject to solicitor-client privilege, or other legal restrictions that may prevent us from fulfilling your request.
To make a request to access, update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns about Beekeeper’s privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/contact-the-opc/. If you are located in British Columbia, Alberta or Quebec, you may contact the privacy commissioner of your respective province at their website.